- Es Paradis
For such a tiny island, there's an awful lot going on in Ibiza, and if you don't have someone to walk you through the basics, the island can be a bit overwhelming. Here we've put together some simple explanations and advice on the clubbing scene for those of you popping your Beefa Cherry for the first time, giving you a bit of basic knowledge to help you get the most out of your holiday, and avoid at least a few of those schoolboy errors.
These are the major clubs on the island of Ibiza:
- Amnesia - located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
- Booom! (currently closed) - located at the Ibiza Marina
- DC10 - located near the airport on the road to Las Salinas
- Es Paradis - located on the waterfront in San Antonio
- Benimussa Park - also known as 'the Zoo', open-air venue outside of San Antonio
- Gatecrasher - located on the waterfront in San Antonio
- Ibiza Rocks Hotel - located in the centre of San Antonio
- Pacha - located very near the Ibiza Town Marina
- Privilege - located in the middle of the island, near San Rafael
- Sankeys - located in the heart of Playa d'en Bossa
- Space - located in Playa d'en Bossa, near the beach
- Ushuaïa - located in Playa d'en Bossa, opposite Space and next to the beach
The promoters and parties
The Monday to Sunday entertainment at each club is programmed by both the clubs and outside promoters from many different countries around the world and tailored to suit the unique environment that is Ibiza's party scene. This means that the music played in each club varies from night to night and promoter to promoter. Please check out our party calendar for the most up to date information available with full DJ listings for every party. Also see Ibiza Parties for descriptions of each night.
Cocoon promotes Monday nights at Amnesia, booking mainly techno DJs to play (Sven Väth, Chris Liebing, etc), decorating the club and advertising the party around the island. On Thursdays, however, Cream takes over the club - hanging a huge Cream logo, setting up a terrace stage and bringing trance and electro DJs like Paul Van Dyk and Calvin Harris.
Just to confuse the issue all the major clubs have a back room or alternative area which usually plays different music to the DJs in the main room. In the case of Pacha and Space, there are numerous smaller back rooms playing a varied cross-section of musical genres.
In the last decade boat parties have become an essential pillar of the Ibiza clubbing scene and no Ibiza holiday is complete without having experienced at least one party out at sea. The choice of boat parties is large nowadays and promoters offer party cruises for all tastes.
These maritime adventures depart either from San Antonio, mostly including an unforgettable Ibiza sunset out at sea, or from Ibiza town or Playa d'en Bossa. Many boat party promoters include a club night in their package (mostly right after the cruise), which makes for an excellent and cost-effective day and night out.
Check out our boat party guide for dates, details and tickets for the best Ibiza boat parties.
You can get tickets for practically all club nights and boat parties on the island in online pre-sale with us.
Buying them beforehand assures you the best price and guaranteed entry. Also keep in mind there are a few parties on the island that sell out, so getting your tickets in advance is always your safest option. Apart from that, once you're on holiday you don't have to bring as much money with you, nor waste precious time running after tickets. And fear not, should your plans change midway through your Ibiza trip, you can cancel the vast majority of our tickets up until 24hrs prior to the event and get a full refund.
The music bars
Another vital part of the Ibizan club scene are the many music bars in the resorts and around the island. Here clubbers go to warm up for their coming nights out or to listen to music and dance in a more relaxed, less intense atmosphere.
Special mention must go to the sunset cafés along the Caló des Moro in San Antonio, known as the sunset strip. There you can watch the sun go down in a romantic setting and later dance to your favourite DJ.
The places to stay
At Spotlight we've plenty of experience of what you're looking for in your holiday accommodation. So to help you make the choice we've put together a list of the best places for clubbers to stay on Ibiza. All the hotels and self-catering apartments are clubber-friendly and range from budget to luxury. If you don't find what you're looking for remember to check out our full range of accommodation.
- First of all check out our club guides, where you can get a feel for the different clubs, to see which one you might like to visit.
- Bookmark our club news and reviews page, which is updated daily in the summer, and browse through our agenda-setting archives.
- Check out our tips and tricks page, which is a must-read before you come. It will save you time and money.
- Check out our clubbing forums - don't be afraid to ask any question you like - there are many regular visitors who will be happy to help.
- When you are here, don't be afraid to ask other clubbers what they recommend. It really is a very friendly atmosphere on the island. Go to Playa d'en Bossa, the Sunset Strip in San Antonio or the Port of Ibiza Town and make some new friends.
Antonio Russo at Galeria Blanca
The first Ibiza superclub party of the season, brought to you by Pacha and the hamburgers.
Daft Punk tribute video for "Nile Rodgers: From Disco to Daft Punk".
CUFF 2015 line-up revealed
Trance times ahoy!
Seth Troxler teams up with Public Enemy hip-hop icon Chuck D at IMS Engage in LA.
Details on his Space Ibiza dates via the link.