The easiest way is to reserve a private airport transfer online
Ibiza Spotlight works together with Viajes Al Sabini for hassle free, good value private airport transfers just for you and your party. And it's a 24/7 service available to hotels and villas. These airport transfers are only available in the summer season, from 1st May to 31st October.
Hire a car
Hire your car in advance and have it ready and waiting for you at the airport.
You can quickly reach all the islands resorts on the new motorway, although do remember all the signs are written in Catalan, the local language (see the differences between Catalan and Spanish), so Ibiza becomes Eivissa and San Antonio becomes Sant Antoni.
The roads are well signposted, although the sign to Sant Antoni is rather small - take the next exit after the exit to the hospital Can Misses. For the exact location please have a look on the web page of your hotel or your apartment, which can be found in our hotel section.
Ferry to Ibiza & Formentera
There is a regular ferry service from the mainland to the island of Ibiza and from Ibiza Town to Formentera. To get from the airport to the harbour you can take a taxi or the bus. For more info please visit our ferries page, linked to Balearia booking system.
Get a taxi
The taxi rank (stop) is located just outside the arrivals hall, taxi journeys are charged on a meter (see the taxi prices per kilometre). Rough costs are about €12 to Playa d’en Bossa, €17 to Ibiza Town, and €27 to San Antonio. Be warned that in between mid July and mid September, the queues for taxis can be very long.
Catch the bus
The airport bus stop is situated directly outside the arrivals hall. All current routes and times can be found on the webpage of Ibizabus. Please note, that they use the Catalan names for the resorts (Ibiza = Eivissa).
Connections can be made to all Ibiza’s main resorts at a cost of less than €2 per journey. Sometimes you need to change buses at the main bus station in Ibiza town.
Taxi or private transfer?
Advantages of the private airport transfer
- Meeting point at the office inside the arrivals lounge at the airport.
- Taken in comfort to your destination, in a vehicle suited to your party’s needs.
- The fares have already been budgeted for.
- Return journey - No Hassle, Fuss or Bother, you are collected from your accommodation in plenty of time for checking in
- No queuing in line waiting for a taxi.
- No hoping that one taxi can take all the party plus the luggage. Two taxis = double cost.
- No wondering exactly how much the journey will cost.
- No having to keep the return fare saved.
- No hoping that you can book a taxi to take you back to the airport in time.
Advantages of the taxi
- Could be cheaper.
Disadvantages of the taxi
- Cannot be pre-booked to be waiting for you on arrival.
- When there are a number of planes arriving at short intervals, the taxi queue can be very long and, there may be no taxis at the rank, so you will be waiting for a taxi to set down before picking up the next passengers.
Book online with Spotlight
Live acoustic sounds on the shores of Playa d'en Bossa
One to note for all the mad ravers out there
The curtain comes down on EDM's golden boy at Ushuaïa Ibiza
Seven house diamonds hacked from the Ibiza caves
An exclusive Spotlight interview with Cocoon founder Sven Väth
150 beers from around the world
The fruity crew are coming for us this September