Book an airport pickup
The easiest way is to reserve an airport pickup service online.
Ibiza Spotlight works together with The Ibiza Shuttle Bus from Viajes Al Sabini for hassle free, good value airport transfers. And it's a 24/7 shuttle service!. Private transfers also available!
Please note: Airport transfers are only available in the summer season.
Hire a car
Hire your car in advance and have it ready and waiting for you at the airport.
You can quickly reach all the islands resorts on the new motorway, although do remember all the signs are written in Catalan, the local language (see the differences between Catalan and Spanish), so Ibiza becomes Eivissa and San Antonio becomes Sant Antoni.
The roads are well signposted, although the sign to Sant Antoni is rather small - take the next exit after the exit to the hospital Can Misses. For the exact location please have a look on the web page of your hotel or your apartment, which can be found in our hotel section.
Ferry to Ibiza & Formentera
There is a regular ferry service from the mainland to the island of Ibiza and from Ibiza Town to Formentera. To get from the airport to the harbour you can take a taxi or the bus. For more info please visit our ferries page, linked to Balearia booking system.
Get a taxi
The taxi rank (stop) is located just outside the arrivals hall, taxi journeys are charged on a meter (see the taxi prices per kilometre). Rough costs are about €12 to Playa d’en Bossa, €17 to Ibiza Town, and €27 to San Antonio. Be warned that in between mid July and mid September, the queues for taxis can be very long.
Catch the bus
The airport bus stop is situated directly outside the arrivals hall. All current routes and times can be found on the webpage of Ibizabus. Please note, that they use the Catalan names for the resorts (Ibiza = Eivissa).
Connections can be made to all Ibiza’s main resorts at a cost of less than €2 per journey. Sometimes you need to change buses at the main bus station in Ibiza town.
Taxi or shuttle from the airport?
Advantages of the Shuttle
- Meeting point at the office inside the arrivals lounge at the airport.
- Taken in comfort to your destination, in a vehicle suited to your party’s needs.
- The fares have already been budgeted for.
- Return journey - No Hassle, Fuss or Bother, you are collected from your accommodation in plenty of time for checking in
- No queuing in line waiting for a taxi.
- No hoping that one taxi can take all the party plus the luggage. Two taxis = double cost.
- No wondering exactly how much the journey will cost.
- No having to keep the return fare saved.
- No hoping that you can book a taxi to take you back to the airport in time.
Disadvantages of shuttle
- Sometimes there will be a short wait at the airport on arrival if guests on other flights must be picked up. This is always kept as short as possible.
Advantages of the taxi
- Could be cheaper.
Disadvantages of the taxi
- Cannot be pre-booked to be waiting for you on arrival.
- When there are a number of planes arriving at short intervals, the taxi queue can be very long and, there may be no taxis at the rank, so you will be waiting for a taxi to set down before picking up the next passengers.
Book online with Spotlight
Get the 25th of August in your dynamo diaries as FUSE threatens an aural ear bashing at Benimussa Pa
Look at that view!
The event which put the icing on the cake of the Radio 1 weekend on the white isle.
Blow minds and go beyond limits
Fresh air, lots of techno and a new concept for Friday nights.
The hippie party with the best views of Sant Ciriac’s fireworks.
Ferry good options with expanded shuttle service
Music On, Vatos Locos and fresh air for the island.