Just shoot for the stars
If it feels right
Then aim for my heart
If you feel like
And take me away, make it okay
I swear I'll behave
Kiss me till you're drunk
And I'll show you
You want the moves like jagger
I've got the moves like jagger
I've got the mooooooves... like jagger
Ibiza rocks this July!
The island welcomed some of the biggest names in rock as it played host to “Ibiza123 Rocktronic.” In true Ibiza mash up style, world class artists such as Elton John, Sting and Lenny Kravitz united with the “rock stars” of the electronic world. Collaborations between Elton John and Pnau and Legendry DJ, Luciano vs. Lenny Kravitiz wowed the crowds. If you missed Ibiza123 Rocktronic, head over to Ibiza Rocks for a feast of live music including Indie Rockers, Kasabian, who will be helping celebrate the hotels 7th birthday. We Are Rockstars (W.A.R.) is the new night from the venue and the perfect place to show off your moves like Jagger!
Want to know what to wear to these events?
Let Ibiza Spotlight guide you. Channel your inner rock chick a la Debbie Harry or Courtney Love. Look to the reigning Queens of rock style, Kate Moss and Jade
Jagger by whipping up a leopard print, leather, studs and skulls frenzy. Keep the tension between the pieces you wear like in Emilio Puccis crochet dress – the skull and dramatic low back
make it anything but predictable. Team your sparkly dress with a pair of spiky heeled ankle boots and a leather cuff. No room for delicate jewellery. Glam rock (as I prefer to call it) is a
strong sexy look with a heavy dose of attitude.
Messed up bed hair and smoky eyes compliment the rock vibe. Space/ Ibiza Rocks make-up artist, Molly Portsmouth reveals her tips on creating the perfect smoky eye. You need strong black kohl liner, Black liquid liner, Mascara, Black and grey eye shadow and an eye primer or a cream based eye shadow. Primer is the key to ensuring your make up lasts in the Ibiza heat!
“To start line the inside of your eye with the kohl liner ,bottom and top, then add primer or cream based eye shadow all over lid. Using your fingers dab black eye shadow at the root of your lash line to about mid-way and add a thin line on the lower lash line. Tidy messy edges with a cotton bud. When edges look neat use the grey eye shadow and a good blending brush, blurring the edges of the black. Use the liquid eyeliner across the top lash line and finish by adding lashings of mascara.”
As with all things Ibiza… there are no rules except Rule Number 1… Never go out without your sunglasses . See you at the after party or in the hotel lobby.
See description below for items with attitude, pictured in slideshow above.
1. Complete your glam rock look with this edgy leather gold wrist cuff. £175 Accessoriesdirect.com
2. Strutting your stuff all night requires serious dancing shoes, these cool tasselled boots from Ibiza based Fashion house Reina and Roses are even called the Dance boot! €239 www.reinaandroses.com
3. Go hell for leather with some sexy black leather hot pants. Keep it stylish rather than street walker by pairing them with a distressed rock n roll t-shirt. £30 Topshop.com
4. Animal print and studs - Two great rock looks in one with this fierce clutch. £69.99 Zara.com
5. Skulls and Roses –I love the way the skulls are entwined with the roses on these cool leggings. £20 Topshop.com
6. A vintage rock t-shirt like this Rolling Stones one can be worn with worn with skinny jeans, shorts or a skirt. I buy my in a medium mans size and then personalise it. To show off a tanned back I cut a deep V in the back and add some holes to give it that worn look. £30 www.sugarbullets.com
7. What better way to wear studs than on this sexy cream mini dress. £75 Topshop.com
Book online with Spotlight
Fresh air, lots of techno and a new concept for Friday nights.
The hippie party with the best views of Sant Ciriac’s fireworks.
Ferry good options with expanded shuttle service
Music On, Vatos Locos and fresh air for the island.
The mischievous duo provide an exclusive live recording from Blue Marlin, Ibiza.
Making her mark on the island.
A home from home
Playa d'en Bossa victim of a mass take-over by Creamfields, find out more below..